Friday, November 6, 2009

Now that I finally figured out my password

I had forgotten this password for about a week.
finally got it 

So the thing i have been wanting to write about happened last sunday night at work.
i have been trying to appreciate working at a restaurant more lately by talking to more people and hopefully learning somethings i didn't know before work that night. 
soo anyways I was waiting on this old man who came in all alone. we were very very slow so i really had a chance to chat with him for a while. He was telling me how tired he was so I asked him why and he said that he had just returned from China. I was really surprised to hear that he had been so far away.. so I asked him why he was there. He answered by saying, "Claire, I am 81 years old... and now I can say I went to China." haha He was awesome. He didn't particularly like China either haha. 
Then we were chatting about another woman in the restaurant and her out of control screaming child. I was agreeing with everything he was saying and that is when he said this thing that really stuck in my mind. he said, " Claire, that's cause you aren't one of those fake people, you are a real person, there is no doubt about that."  I was taken aback. I had probably known this man for half an hour tops. That really meant a lot to me Stanley. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment